The title of this post speaks for itself. From the sensual lyrics to the hot electro-beats, these songs will have you BEGGING for more 🙂
And once again…Halloween week is upon us. The creative costumes, candy in bulk, pumpkin spice lattes, scary movies, demons, ghosts, goblins, devils, spider webs, fake blood (I could go on forever- u get the point)…AND most importantly, the “Haunted House” (ok I had to) make this celebrated day one spooky adventure for those of us that celebrate. I hope this set of electro/house music helps put you in a Halloween mood…after all – it is TO DIE FOR 🙂
Let’s begin with the haunting ghost theme:
Deadmau5 – Ghosts n Stuff (Also try the Intro Version Mix)
And on to the other lovely creatures of the night:
last but not least…. Michael Jackson – Thriller (Discotech Remix)
I think there is one word to describe how I felt after EDC: Exhausted!…but what an experience 🙂 After a 40 minute walk from the parking lot to the Coliseum and about another 30 minutes to get through intense lines and crowds (luckily we got to hear Afrojack while in the security line)…my friends and I finally made it into the VIP area.
Even though the VIP area was not as close to the stage as I would have liked, it was well worth the more expensive ticket for the open bar, extra space to sit, the ability to walk down to the general admission area by the stage, and of course…nicer bathrooms. Sadly, we missed Chuckie’s full set, but were able to hear the last couple of songs in his set as we frantically ran into VIP before he finished. Next up was Dirty South who began the set with one of my ABSOLUTE favorites…John Dahlback – Pyramid. He also played a mashup of Body Language with De Bos – On the Run, I’m Sorry, Let it Go, and his remix of Temper Trap’s – Sweet Disposition.
Following Dirty South was one of my personally most anticipated performance of the night…. Swedish House Mafia. Some of my favorites that the trio played were: Sweet Dreams remix, the Steve Angello Be mashup with Benassi’s Satisfaction, Supermode’s Tell me Why mashup with Bittersweet Symphony, Leave the World Behind, and of course the famous ONE (including the remix).
After the insanity that was SHM, Kaskade took the stage around 11pm. With JUST as much excitement as SHM, the crowd was beyond ready to hear all Kaskade’s new hits from his album Dynasty….which of course was his opener of the evening. Besides playing a lot of songs off the new album and his older album Strobelite Seduction, Kaskade’s mashups (for me) were the best of the night: Kaskade/Afrojack/Digital Lab/Guetta – Louder than Empty Streets, Be Still Satisfaction, & Kaskade/Alex Gaudino – I’ll Never Dream I’m in Love. Last but not least was the one and only Deadmau5…I was definitely beyond exhausted by the time he came on, but it was great to listen to one of my absolute favorites – Ghosts N’ Stuff!
IF you happened to miss the Carnival and were not able to hear it on Satellite radio: live sets were posted HERE.
For more pictures from the event please visit my FACEBOOK FAN PAGE and look for the album Electric Daisy Carnival.
For videos from EDC please visit my YOUTUBE CHANNEL. Videos are in the Playlist EDC 2010.
For those house, progressive, electronic, and trance music lovers anxiously awaiting one of the biggest national music festivals, the week of the Electric Daisy Carnival is upon us! Friday June 25 and Saturday June 26 the Colliseum in downtown Los Angeles will be exploding with 5 stages, carnival rides, food, people dressed up in what I like to call “Halloween-like” costumes (yeah – you know why), and most importantly – some of the most prominent and talented DJs in the world. Last year’s EDC was definitely an experience to be had (I still can’t get over people’s outfits – or should I say costumes). Luckily for my group of friends, we had purchased VIP tickets and didn’t have to be crushed in a sea of crazies. I had such an amazing time last year and still have my souvenir “MUSIC IS MY DRUG” t-shirt! I can’t wait until Friday!
Some of the top headliners:
Deadmau5, Swedish House Mafia, Kaskade, Chuckie, Dirty South, Afrojack, DJ Sets: Moby, Basement Jaxx, BT (Live)
Armin Van Buuren, Above & Beyond, Benny Benassi, Will.I.Am, Laidback Luke, Afrojack, Bart B More, Dada Life, Sasha, Fedde Le Grand, Roger Sanchez, James Zabiela, Chuckie, Avicii, Boys Noize, DJ Set: Groove Armada
This year Insomniac Events created a special treat for it’s fans: Insomniac Events partnered with Ultra Records and created an “Electric Daisy Carnival CD Series.” The CD will be available for purchase at EDC and is also available online through ITUNES. Here’s the tracklisting:
1. Kaskade // Dynasty (Kaskade Arena Mix)
2. Armin van Buuren feat. Jacqueline Govaert // Never Say Never (Alex Gaudino Remix)
3. Roger Sanchez // 2Gether (Chris Moody Remix)
4. Kaskade // All You (Angger Dimas Mix)
5. Tiësto // Louder Than Boom (Bart B More Mix)
6. Benny Benassi feat. Kelis, apl.de.ap, and Jean-Baptiste // Spaceship (Fedde le Grand Remix)
7. Moby // Wait For Me (Laidback Luke Remix)
8. Tiësto feat. C.C. Sheffield // Escape Me (Avicii Mix)
9. Dirty South featuring Rudy // Phazing (Original Mix)
10. Wolfgang Gartner // Undertaker
11. deadmau5 // Some Chords
12. Axwell / Ingrosso / Angello / Laidback Luke feat Deborah Cox // Leave The World Behind
13. Kaskade // 4am (Adam K And Soha Mix)
For more information visit the main EDC WEBSITE and to purchase tickets click HERE. Set times have also been posted HERE. For those of you that cannot make it to EDC (or just prefer not to go) Sirius XM Satellite Radio will be streaming the festival live on Area from KineticFIELD, circuitGROUNDS, and cosmicMEADOW on both the 25th and 26th.
“The fun starts beneath the sun and see the stars when it’s done” -EDC
What is Sextronica? It is my newest mix of 2010! Why should you download it? 1) It’s SEXY 2) It’s ELECTRONICA 3) It has the newest hits of 2010 4) You will not only be singing and swaying along to these heart bumping beats, but deliriously dancing all night long!
Here is the tracklist:
1. Fatman Scoop feat. DJ Class – New Years Anthem
2. Lil Jon feat. Claude Kelly – Oh What a Night
3. Yeah Yeah Yeah’s – Heads Will Roll (Club Mix)
4. Alessandro Viale Feat. Vaanya Diva – Sweet Little Thing (Jerma & Highpass Mix)
5. Melleefresh Vs. Deadmau5 – Sexslave
6. Ian Carey – Shot Caller (Vandalism Mix)
7. Groovenatics – Just Can’t Get Enough (Original Mix)
8. Eddie Thoenick – In My Head (R3hab & Addy Van Der Zwan Remix)
9. Beyonce and Lady Gaga – Video phone (My Digital Enemy Mix)
10. Sandy Hunter – Rare Tap (2000 and One Cut)
11. Lily Allen – Not Fair (Style of Eye Remix)
12. Larry Tee, Afrojack, Roxy Cottontail, David Guetta – Nasty Toyfriend
13. Madonna – Revolver (David Guetta Extended Mix)
14. Pain, Gubellini – Shake it Up
15. Sebastien Leger – The White Island
HERE IT IS!!!!!!Hope u enjoy! xoxo D’Lish
***Also check out DJ D’Lish’s mention in LE FASHION MONSTER BLOG
Happy Monday! I hope everyone is ready to start the week off with some good songs. As I was compiling a playlist of songs for a friend this weekend, I realized the abundance of Morgan Page songs and remixes that I have. Hence, I decided to make this post about my favorites from Morgan Page.
1. The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition (Morgan Page Remix) LINK on SoundCloud Morgan Page has taken the original of this song and maintained its “sweetness” and beauty. Listening to the soothing vocals from lead singer Dougy Mandagi, they are truly inspiring: “sweet disposition/never too soon/oh reckless abandon/like no one’s
watching you. The song’s remix builds and slows at just the right moments.
2. Morgan Page – Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix) LINK on YouTube Nominated for a Grammy Award in 2009 for “Best Remix Recording,” this song has and still remains at the top of the charts. Lissie’s powerful voice paired with the song’s playful “giddy up” beat will definitely have you humming and even singing along. Lyrics: If you are so frequently in love/If you prefer it all to me then my love/You go down the longest road to nowhere/You pull it apart and you’re just left there
3. Morgan Page – Fight For You (Sultan & Ned Shephard Mix) LINK on YouTube Another successful hit featuring Lissie, this song can speak to any one of us that have had to stand up for ourselves or stand up to a loved one. The chorus and the breaks promise heartfelt emotions that are believable even with it’s lyrics I’d fight for you/I never knew that I could feel this way/I’m right for you/This kinda love don’t happen everyday
4. Lal Meri – Bad Things (Morgan Page Radio Mix) LINK on YouTube With a lounge vibe and sultry vocals, the hypnotic beats of this song will have you feeling dangerously seductive. Lyrics: Look at all those bad things you made me do/I’ll Never Say I’m Sorry, I’ll Never Say it To You/Look at all those bad things you made me do/I could say I’m sorry but it wouldn’t be true