2/25: Zoo Brazil at Vanguard in Hollywood
2/26: Paul Oakenfold at Avalon in Hollywood
03/03: Bart B More at Sutra in Orange County
03/04: Alex Kenji at Vanguard in Hollywood
03/05: Morgan Page at Avalon in Hollywood
03/15: Afrojack at the Music Box in Hollywood
For those house, progressive, electronic, and trance music lovers anxiously awaiting one of the biggest national music festivals, the week of the Electric Daisy Carnival is upon us! Friday June 25 and Saturday June 26 the Colliseum in downtown Los Angeles will be exploding with 5 stages, carnival rides, food, people dressed up in what I like to call “Halloween-like” costumes (yeah – you know why), and most importantly – some of the most prominent and talented DJs in the world. Last year’s EDC was definitely an experience to be had (I still can’t get over people’s outfits – or should I say costumes). Luckily for my group of friends, we had purchased VIP tickets and didn’t have to be crushed in a sea of crazies. I had such an amazing time last year and still have my souvenir “MUSIC IS MY DRUG” t-shirt! I can’t wait until Friday!
Some of the top headliners:
Deadmau5, Swedish House Mafia, Kaskade, Chuckie, Dirty South, Afrojack, DJ Sets: Moby, Basement Jaxx, BT (Live)
Armin Van Buuren, Above & Beyond, Benny Benassi, Will.I.Am, Laidback Luke, Afrojack, Bart B More, Dada Life, Sasha, Fedde Le Grand, Roger Sanchez, James Zabiela, Chuckie, Avicii, Boys Noize, DJ Set: Groove Armada
This year Insomniac Events created a special treat for it’s fans: Insomniac Events partnered with Ultra Records and created an “Electric Daisy Carnival CD Series.” The CD will be available for purchase at EDC and is also available online through ITUNES. Here’s the tracklisting:
1. Kaskade // Dynasty (Kaskade Arena Mix)
2. Armin van Buuren feat. Jacqueline Govaert // Never Say Never (Alex Gaudino Remix)
3. Roger Sanchez // 2Gether (Chris Moody Remix)
4. Kaskade // All You (Angger Dimas Mix)
5. Tiësto // Louder Than Boom (Bart B More Mix)
6. Benny Benassi feat. Kelis, apl.de.ap, and Jean-Baptiste // Spaceship (Fedde le Grand Remix)
7. Moby // Wait For Me (Laidback Luke Remix)
8. Tiësto feat. C.C. Sheffield // Escape Me (Avicii Mix)
9. Dirty South featuring Rudy // Phazing (Original Mix)
10. Wolfgang Gartner // Undertaker
11. deadmau5 // Some Chords
12. Axwell / Ingrosso / Angello / Laidback Luke feat Deborah Cox // Leave The World Behind
13. Kaskade // 4am (Adam K And Soha Mix)
For more information visit the main EDC WEBSITE and to purchase tickets click HERE. Set times have also been posted HERE. For those of you that cannot make it to EDC (or just prefer not to go) Sirius XM Satellite Radio will be streaming the festival live on Area from KineticFIELD, circuitGROUNDS, and cosmicMEADOW on both the 25th and 26th.
“The fun starts beneath the sun and see the stars when it’s done” -EDC
Happy Memorial Day! As a lot of you know, I get my new music from a plethora of online sites (yes I’m a nerd & spend hours on end searching for the newest songs). The list for today features all new releases in the U.S. & also from Europe! (I wanted to mix it up a little bit). Today’s post doesn’t really have a theme – well except for the love of music, but I’m sure most of you are relaxing (cough..partying) on this day off from work & might be in need of some new tunes!
1. It’s back & better than ever… Reel to Real has a comeback with multiple remixes of the hit “I Like To Move It“… personally, my favorite is the one from the movie Madagascar! Remixes to check out: Bart B More remix & Harry Choo Choo Romero & Erick Morillo Main Mix.
2. Benny Benassi feat. Kelis – Spaceship (EDX Remix) if you want a smoother progressive version of the song; if not – try the Radio Mix
3. The immaculate SHM’s newest hit “One” is being remixed every which way, but so far this one is my favorite because it stays true to the original. It was definitely amazing watching these guys perform this single (before it came out) at Ultra Music Festival this year! Swedish House Mafia ft. Pharrell – One (Your Name)
4. With a hard-hitting electro beat & spanish vocals, this one will surely make you want to dance..& maybe even sing! Sandro Silva – Told Ya & Blaze (Apster Remix)
5. In line with a lot of recent releases featuring the “robotic/video game” feel, this one isn’t as hardcore or annoying as the others, thanks to a fabulous remix by Chocolate Puma! I think this will definitely be one of my favorite summer songs! Robert Owens – Deep Down (Chocolate Puma Main Mix)
6. Pink Noisy teamed up with Consoul Trainin’ for a progressive summer hit. It’s a song I would listen to while lounging by the pool or on the beach! Pink Noisy – Indigo (Consoul Trainin remix). If you like it & are feeling adventurous into the Mediterranean listen to Pink Noisy & Consoul Trainin – Tango to Evora Cover.
7. Ok so in Europe last year, Edward Maya’s Stereo Love dominated dance music charts…oh yeah & it is now just FINALLY getting popular in the US (Boring!) Already topping European charts is Stromae ‘s newest hit – Alorse On Danse. It has already been remixed to feature Mister Santos & 5 million DJs have tried taking a stab at bumping this moderately tempo’d goody up to club par; however, I will recommend the Oguz Deniz Remix & …get ready for it… the Alors on Stereo mashup (Edward Maya vs Stromae)!
8. Last but not least is the newest single from Afrojack & David Guetta – Louder Than Words. The song carries David Guetta’s & Afrojack’s signature styles. The vocals mimic a John Legend vibe to me a little bit, but are nonetheless great!
*As I briefly discussed in a previous post, the dance music genre is constantly evolving & people are definitely taking notice, especially in LA. Read this article below on the shifting nature of the genre & various music festivals in LA. (Oh yes, & buy your Electric Daisy Carnival tickets!)
LA Times article: Return of the rave: Why dance music is becoming inescapable right now