I always love finding out that some of my favorite DJs are trying new things in the digital space. Tiesto – while at the forefront of his career and his genre, is also helping pioneer the social sphere this year at the CES conference in Vegas. This coming Wednesday January 11th at 10pm PT – Tiesto will play a live 90 minute set that HP/Intel will stream LIVE on Twitter. This is the first “concert” of its type on Twitter and will not only be looped for over 48 hours, but will also allow users to interact and engage with each other during the live stream. I think this is a unique opportunity for HP/Intel to test out Twitter’s new brand pages and for Tiesto to enlarge his social influence and music sharing capabilities online.
For more info on the event – check out Mashable’s article HERE
Sunday Funday is here with my new mix! It’s hot, it’s crazy, it’s electrifying, it picks up & slows down. There’s a little bit of everything in here. Why? Because I wanted to! DJ D’Lish: What Goes Up, Must come Down Download Link
Here is the track listing for the new mix:
- Lady Gaga – Bad Romance (Chew Fu H1N1 Club Mix)
- David Guetta – One Love ft. Estelle (DJ Chuckie Remix)
- De Bos – On the Run (Ralvero Get Down Remix)
- Spencer & Hill – Cool (Inphinity Remix)
- Crookers – Put Your Hands on Me (Black Noise Remix)
- Federico Franchi ft. Becci – Image (Boom Boom Remix)
- Analog People in A Digital World – Circus (Club Mix)
- Riva Starr ft. Noze – I was Drunk
- Dennis Ferrer – Hey Hey (DF’S Attention Vocal Mix)
- Lal Meri – Bad Things (Morgan Page Remix)
- Eddie Thoneick , Francesco Diaz & Young Rebels – Perfect Moment (Francesco Diaz & Young Rebels remix)
- David Guetta ft. Rosie Rogers – Without You
Ok it’s not really FREAKY friday, unless you’re superstitious and/or watching Friday the 13th or Freaky Friday. Anyway, as I said before, BPM Weekly is going to feature my favorite house/progressive/electronic tracks of the week. These four songs are all different, but will definitely spice up your weekend and mp3 player! I’m going to try and make this short because it is the weekend (TGIF!) and I know you are all ready to stop spending time sitting on your computer -So here we go!
1. Dennis Ferrer – Hey Hey (DF’S Attention Vocal Mix) Sexy house Listen on MySpace
2. Riva Starr feat. Noze – I was Drunk Euro house Listen on MySpace
3. Tiesto/Three 6 Mafia/Flo-Rida/Sean Kingston – Feel it Electro House Listen on HypeM
4. David Guetta ft. Rosie Rogers – Without You Electro House Listen on YouTube
As I prepare to DJ the opening of LA Blush Boutique‘s second location next week, I began thinking about how essential song selection is for different types of events. With a Blush’tini in hand and an appetite for the trendiest new & affordable clothes, customers definitely do not want to feel as though they are shopping in an ordinary store – especially at a store’s launch party. Here’s where I come in. First thing I consider when putting together my playlist is Who are these people? and How do I want to make them feel? Secondly, I do not want to force them out of the store with very loud hardcore electro beats, because honestly – this isn’t a club (even though MY ideal store would have house music playing 24/7).
With that said, I want to create a classy experience for these shoppers. One that will excite them, stimulate their senses, and maybe even put a little swing in their step (or maybe that will be from the Blush’tinis?). Today’s song selection will include some of the artists and my favorite songs I will be incorporating into my playlist at the November 18th Launch Party of Blush Boutique in Calabasas.
- Bitter:Sweet ~ Heaven (Buscemi’s Afroclub Remix) Listen on Last.FM, Dirty Laundry (Skeewiff Remix) Listen on Last.FM
- Nouvelle Vague ~ Ever Fallen in Love Listen on YouTube
- Thievery Corporation ~ Un Simple Histoire Listen on Last.FM
- Nina Simone ~ Feelin’ Good (Joe Claussell Remix) Listen on Last.FM
- Kaskade ~ I Remember Listen on Last.FM
- Lady Gaga ~ Fashion Listen on YouTube and Chillin feat. Wale Listen on YouTube
- Lykke Li ~ Little Bit (CSS Remix) Listen on YouTube
- Gotan Project ~ Diferente Listen on YouTube
For more information about Blush Boutique please visit: Blush Encino on Facebook and http://www.myblushboutique.blogspot.com/
Happy Monday! I hope everyone is ready to start the week off with some good songs. As I was compiling a playlist of songs for a friend this weekend, I realized the abundance of Morgan Page songs and remixes that I have. Hence, I decided to make this post about my favorites from Morgan Page.
1. The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition (Morgan Page Remix) LINK on SoundCloud Morgan Page has taken the original of this song and maintained its “sweetness” and beauty. Listening to the soothing vocals from lead singer Dougy Mandagi, they are truly inspiring: “sweet disposition/never too soon/oh reckless abandon/like no one’s
watching you. The song’s remix builds and slows at just the right moments.
2. Morgan Page – Longest Road (Deadmau5 Remix) LINK on YouTube Nominated for a Grammy Award in 2009 for “Best Remix Recording,” this song has and still remains at the top of the charts. Lissie’s powerful voice paired with the song’s playful “giddy up” beat will definitely have you humming and even singing along. Lyrics: If you are so frequently in love/If you prefer it all to me then my love/You go down the longest road to nowhere/You pull it apart and you’re just left there
3. Morgan Page – Fight For You (Sultan & Ned Shephard Mix) LINK on YouTube Another successful hit featuring Lissie, this song can speak to any one of us that have had to stand up for ourselves or stand up to a loved one. The chorus and the breaks promise heartfelt emotions that are believable even with it’s lyrics I’d fight for you/I never knew that I could feel this way/I’m right for you/This kinda love don’t happen everyday
4. Lal Meri – Bad Things (Morgan Page Radio Mix) LINK on YouTube With a lounge vibe and sultry vocals, the hypnotic beats of this song will have you feeling dangerously seductive. Lyrics: Look at all those bad things you made me do/I’ll Never Say I’m Sorry, I’ll Never Say it To You/Look at all those bad things you made me do/I could say I’m sorry but it wouldn’t be true
If you are as big of a David Guetta fan as myself, then you are still loving and listening to his new CD “One Love.” As more and more remixes of the single One Love feat. Estelle were leaked, the more I thought it appropriate to make this my favorite song for the end of the week and into the weekend! DAVID GUETTA – ONE LOVE ORIGINAL
Here are the remixes!
1. One Love : Breakage Remix BREKAGE REMIX YOUTUBE
This drum and bass slower version is a nice change from the upbeat original!
2. One Love: DJ Chuckie and Fatman Scoop Remix FATMAN SCOOP & CHUCKIE REMIX YOUTUBE
If you are familiar with the repetitive electro beats of DJ Chuckie, then this remix won’t surprise you. Similar to his other remixes of Sexy Girl, Let the Miami Bass Kick, & David Guetta’s Sexy Bitch, this remix is definitely a club banger.
3. One Love: Chocolate Puma Remix CHOCOLATE PUMA REMIX ON ITHINK-IKNOW BLOGSPOT
With a little less vocals and a little more beat, this remix has a bit more of a progressive feel than the others.
4. One Love: Shy FX remix SHY FX REMIX YOUTUBE
One Love goes semi-trance with hardcore drum and bass with this remix.
Today, I didn’t want to just give you one song, but a couple. I chose to do this based on the theme of the day “Girl Power.” Songs for today come from four very talented female artists with similar, yet very different styles.
1. Imogen Heap: Aha! This quirky, yet creepy instrumentally appealing rollercoaster of a song paired with Imogen’s engaging vocals will have you praising this artist’s creativity and originality. You will be pleasantly surprised! Aha! on YouTube
Utmost in everything
it’s so charming, very charming
Well reckon play the fool
no one’s ill at ease
And put the deepest swiss bank trust in you
No one saw it coming. Aha!”
2. Damhnait Doyle: I want you to want me It’s a cover from Cheap Trick’s original and a song you are most definitely familiar with. This remake by Damhnait Doyle is a somewhat sorrowful and heartfelt call for love, sprinkled with a familar ballerina music-box-like feel in the background. I want you to want me on Last.fm
“I want you to want me.
I need you to need me.
I’d love you to love me.
I’m beggin’ you to beg me”
3. Ann Peebles: I can’t stand the rain Ann Peebles’ soulful voice accompanied with the jazzy blues feel of this song absorbs you into her story of feeling empty as the rain reminds her of a lost loved one. Can’t Stand Rain on HypeM
“I can’t stand the rain
Against my window
Bringing back sweet memories
Hey, window pane
Do you remember
How sweet it used to be
When we was together
Everything was so grand
Now that we’ve parted
There’s just one sound
That I just can’t stand”
4. The Noisettes: Never Forget You Adele meets Amy Winehouse as lead singer Shingai Shoniwa and her indie rock band come together for a head bobbing & foot tapping performance. This upbeat song is also somewhat reminiscent of others from the time period of “Grease.” Never Forget You on Daily Motion
“I know this world feels
Like an empty stage
I wouldn’t change a thing
So glad you’re back again
I’ll never forget you
They said we’d never make it
My sweet joy
Always remember me”
Hello Hello! I hope you all survived and/or recovered from Halloween weekend: aka, didn’t eat too much candy, get scared to death (well ur alive if ur reading this), or partied till the sun came up (actually this could be a good thing!). My weekend was FULL of musical treats, beginning on Thursday evening all the way until Saturday night. I DJ’d a SPOOKtacular (sorry I had to do it one more time) Yacht Party on Friday night. From Lady Gaga to David Guetta, Jay-Z to Rihanna, & LMFAO to La Roux, my set was filled with dance remixes, house, hiptronik, and r&b songs. (I even received requests for Real Housewives of Atlanta singer’s “Tardy for the Party,” which I politely declined to play because who on earth even has that song?) I would have to say this event was extremely successful! Saturday night I DJ’d a Private Fundraiser Event in Beverly Hills. Even though this party included a more diverse age group, these guests definitely wanted to party. They paraded themselves in a costume contest to Thriller & salsa’d all night long to Suavamente!
With that said, I am exhausted but the music must continue!… and so must our energy levels. Hence, I have chosen a very electro song for you today. (and just FYI – I will be posting other genres for those that are not electro/house music fans…I have not forgotten about you!) As I so uncomfortably sauntered around in my Burlesque Vampire costume this weekend (fangs are not so fun to glue to your own teeth), I felt like I was part of CarnEvil or some dark, eerie Circus. This mood fell perfectly insync with Federico Franchi’s new electro tune: Image feat. Becci. Image on YouTube.
With the stimulating lyrics and sensual vocals by Becci, this one will definitely get you rocking! As she says, “You wanna touch it grab it, cmon baby have it, you like it, i love it.” “I like to rock a beat!”
Today’s post is about a song I found a couple weeks ago that I wanted to share because of it’s eerie similarity to another progressive hit from this past Summer. If you were in Europe this Summer or are merely an avid progressive listener, you may be familiar with Sidekick’s – Deep Fear. Released at the end of September, most likely due to Deep Fear’s popularity, was a new song that incorporated an altered reconstruction of Deep Fear’s buoyancy and beats (it even includes the same slowed section with violin). The song is called Armonia by Matthew Mind & John Dabel. Will this song challenge the popularity of Deep Fear? I’m not too sure. I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Matthew Mind John Dabel – Armonia on Trackitdown (If you like the Original, try the Alessio Collina or Federico Milani mixes. You can also find them on Trackitdown.
Well – I will have to say that DJ’ing on Saturday night was a huge success! Minus an initial equipment failure at the beginning of the night, the rest of the evening was absolutely perfect! People were up dancing the entire night, which made my job a lot more fun (& less stressful).
I know it’s a little late to be posting a new blog for Music Monday, but here it is! As I prepare to DJ a Halloween Yacht Party on Friday, I am getting together all my old and new songs. Today I discovered a very electro-hip hop song – aka Hiptronik as some are calling it, (and let me preface this by saying that if you aren’t in “electro” mode, you probably won’t enjoy this, so turn the volume DOWN if you choose to listen).
As they say: “This one’s for the dancing crew, back it up!” Crookers – Put Your Hands On Me (Black Noise Remix). Put Your Hands On Me (Black Noise Remix) from Trackitdown
Today I am DJ’ing an event in Long Beach. Minus the excitement, I am also very nervous (a habit of mine that will only disappear when I play that first song). Today, I am going to discuss a group that speaks to me through their song lyrics. As an Xtreme (had to stay with the X theme) music connoisseur, I take different elements of music into account when downloading, listening, and then deciding if I like what I hear or not. For each band, song, or remix, I assess them on a different level depending on the genre. The genre of this group, as Myspace is calling it, Pop/Soul/New Wave attracts me because of the quality vocals, musicality, and of course…the lyrics.
I’m not going to post one song today because I am tied to multiple songs on this album. Here are some lyrics from my favorite songs on The XX – XX.
1. Crystalised: You’ve applied the pressure/To have me crystalized/And you’ve got the faith/That I could bring paradise…Things have gotten closer to the sun/& I’ve done things in small doses/So don’t think that I’m pushing you away/When you’re the one that I’ve kept closest Crystalised – YouTube
2. Heart Skipped A Beat: No need to come to me/When I can make it all the way to you/You made it clear/You weren’t near/Near enough to me/Heart skipped a beat/And when I caught it you were out of reach/But I’m sure, I’m sure/You’ve heard if before Heart Skipped A Beat – YouTube
3. Shelter: And I’ll cross oceans, like never before/So you can feel the way I feel it too/& I’ll mirror images back at you/So you can see the way I feel it too Shelter – YouTube
4. Infinity: Had I seen it in your eyes/There’d have been no try after try/Your leaving had no goodbye/Had I just seen one in your eyes/I can’t give it up/To someone elses touch/Because I care too much Infinity – YouTube
It’s Fun, It’s Sexy, & it’s dark and twisty…how can you NOT pay attention to a song that starts with Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah!
The ever multi-talented Lady Gaga once again has demonstrated her flamboyant and eccentric artistic and vocal talents in her new song Bad Romance. This electro-pop masterpiece is not only catchy, but also speaks to those of us who have maybe been a little bit naughty 🙂 What do YOU think?
“I want your loving
And I want your revenge
You and me could write a bad romance
I want your loving
All your love is revenge”
“I want your horror
I want your design
‘Cause you’re a criminal
As long as your mine
I want your love”
It’s that time again… yes MONDAY. Today has been a pretty exciting day for me because I just found out that I am DJ’ing another event this Saturday for a Republic Day Ball in Long Beach! (People are always surprised when a girl dj (in a formal dress) gets up to play some dance music. That’s just how I like it 🙂
The song I will give you for today is called.. wait for it… Monday by Carlo Dall’Anese & Fabio Castro Monday on YouTube. This song comes off one of my favorite CDs, “Sounds of Anjelique Vol. 3.” Anjelique is very popular club in Istanbul Turkey that overlooks the beautiful bosphorus. Anjelique is known for its untouchable house music and lively, hip crowd. When you leave, it’s hard to forget the captivating view, heart-pumping music, and the decorative angel wings that hang from the club’s entrance. Click Anjelique Link to see the Club!
If you like this song, download more from Sounds of Anjelique Vol. 1, 2, & 3.
Here we are again…another end to a week, but so close to the beginning of another. Let’s make Sunday a Funday and not be sad that Monday is tomorrow!
Off the album Ready for the Weekend, You Used to Hold Me by Calvin Harris is a fun dance song with minimal electronic effects and simple lyrics. You can’t help but feel uplifted when you hear this song.
“I’ve known this can make you understand. Take my spirit from my open hand.”
Listen on YouTube: CH – You Used to Hold me
Today is Fuego Friday for 2 reasons: 1 – LA is currently experiencing SUMMER weather in October…yes it is 95 degrees outside and extremely HOT! 2 – It’s FRIDAY, so I think it’s time to get excited for the weekend!
Since the weather has me feeling as though it is summer, this new Marcus Schossow song named Tequila Link to MS – Tequila seems perfect for the temperature outside. With a Spanish flair mixed in with piano and a moderate beat, this song will surely remind you (if you’re not currently in LA) of those summer days that aren’t too far behind us. After all, regardless of where you live, it IS the weekend and why not drink some Tequila to celebrate 🙂
If you’re a fan on the Spanish flair mixed with the house beat – try downloading Marcus Schossow & Thomas Sagstad – Crepuscolo MS and TS – Crepuscolo YouTube (one of My personal favorites).