And once again…Halloween week is upon us. The creative costumes, candy in bulk, pumpkin spice lattes, scary movies, demons, ghosts, goblins, devils, spider webs, fake blood (I could go on forever- u get the point)…AND most importantly, the “Haunted House” (ok I had to) make this celebrated day one spooky adventure for those of us that celebrate. I hope this set of electro/house music helps put you in a Halloween mood…after all – it is TO DIE FOR 🙂
Let’s begin with the haunting ghost theme:
Deadmau5 – Ghosts n Stuff (Also try the Intro Version Mix)
And on to the other lovely creatures of the night:
last but not least…. Michael Jackson – Thriller (Discotech Remix)
As I prepare to DJ the opening of LA Blush Boutique‘s second location next week, I began thinking about how essential song selection is for different types of events. With a Blush’tini in hand and an appetite for the trendiest new & affordable clothes, customers definitely do not want to feel as though they are shopping in an ordinary store – especially at a store’s launch party. Here’s where I come in. First thing I consider when putting together my playlist is Who are these people? and How do I want to make them feel? Secondly, I do not want to force them out of the store with very loud hardcore electro beats, because honestly – this isn’t a club (even though MY ideal store would have house music playing 24/7).
With that said, I want to create a classy experience for these shoppers. One that will excite them, stimulate their senses, and maybe even put a little swing in their step (or maybe that will be from the Blush’tinis?). Today’s song selection will include some of the artists and my favorite songs I will be incorporating into my playlist at the November 18th Launch Party of Blush Boutique in Calabasas.
- Bitter:Sweet ~ Heaven (Buscemi’s Afroclub Remix) Listen on Last.FM, Dirty Laundry (Skeewiff Remix) Listen on Last.FM
- Nouvelle Vague ~ Ever Fallen in Love Listen on YouTube
- Thievery Corporation ~ Un Simple Histoire Listen on Last.FM
- Nina Simone ~ Feelin’ Good (Joe Claussell Remix) Listen on Last.FM
- Kaskade ~ I Remember Listen on Last.FM
- Lady Gaga ~ Fashion Listen on YouTube and Chillin feat. Wale Listen on YouTube
- Lykke Li ~ Little Bit (CSS Remix) Listen on YouTube
- Gotan Project ~ Diferente Listen on YouTube
For more information about Blush Boutique please visit: Blush Encino on Facebook and http://www.myblushboutique.blogspot.com/