Turn It Up
Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop
DJ Felli Fel – It’s Your Birthday Bitch (ft. Lil Jon)
Edward Maya ft. Violent Light – Back Home
Dev ft. Timbaland – Don’t Hurt
Sasha Lopez – Weekend
Afrojack & Shermanology – Can’t Stop Me
Pitbull Feat. Akon – Mr. Right Now
David Guetta & Afrojack feat. Carmen – Pandemonium (Original Mix)
Alli Davis feat. Hot Rod – I Like 2 Play In L.A.
Pitbull feat. T-Pain, Sean Paul & Ludacris – Shake Señora (Remix)
Everyone should check out LMFAO’s newest album “Sorry for Party Rocking” – here are some of my favorites, besides Party Rock Anthem of course 🙂
New Mix: DJ D’Lish – Body Talk
Sorry for the delay, but here’s the newest mix, Body Talk! Hope you enjoy!
Download Link: DJ D’Lish – Body Talk
Dance Your Pants Off
Look at me Now ft. Busta Rhymes & Lil Wayne (No Big Deal Remix)
Britney Spears feat. Nicki Minaj & Ke$ha – Till The World Ends (Remix)
Don Diablo feat. Dragonette – Animale (Dan Castro’s Terrace Mix)
Hot Rod feat. Ne-Yo & Afrojack – Give Me Everything (Remix)
Roger Sanchez & Far East Movement – 2Gether
David Guetta ft. Flo-Rida & Nicki Minaj – Where Dem Girls At
New Mix: DJ D’Lish – March Madness
Download Link Below:
A Side of Beats Please
Bastian Van Shield – King of My Castle download
Medina – Addiction (Alexander Adstedt Remix) download
Alex Peace – From Inside The Speaker (Mr Basic vs Bart Rework) download
Pitbull feat. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer – Give Me Everything (Tonight) download
Jean Elan ft. Cosmo Klein – Feel Alive (Deniz Koyu Remix) download
2/25: Zoo Brazil at Vanguard in Hollywood
2/26: Paul Oakenfold at Avalon in Hollywood
03/03: Bart B More at Sutra in Orange County
03/04: Alex Kenji at Vanguard in Hollywood
03/05: Morgan Page at Avalon in Hollywood
03/15: Afrojack at the Music Box in Hollywood
New Mix ~ DJ D’Lish – Ear Candy
A bit overdue, but well worth the wait… my December mix is FINALLY here! It’s a little sweet, a little sassy, but most importantly – it will make your ears say “mmmm that’s delicious” 🙂 Here you go!
1. Enrique Iglesias – Tonight (Dirty Version) (Dresden & Johnston Remix)
2. Steve Forest with Laera & Nicola Fasano – Jolly Roger Symphony (Nicola Fasano and Steve Forest Vocal Mix)
3. Micha Moor ft. Epiphony – Break My World (Original Mix)
4. DJ Sasha Lopez & Anda Adam – Madam
5. Carlos Gallardo – Get it up (Club mix)
6. Black Eyed Peas – Don’t Stop the Party
7. Cee Lo Green – Fuck you (Mercer bootleg)
8. David Guetta ft. Rihanna – Who’s That Chick (Afrojack Remix)
9. Rico Bernasconi Vs. Vaya Con Dios – Nah Neh Nah (Jake Cooper Remix)
**Stay tuned… DJ D’Lish Beat Boutique Volume 2 is on it’s way!
Tease Me, Squeeze Me, Please Me
The title of this post speaks for itself. From the sensual lyrics to the hot electro-beats, these songs will have you BEGGING for more 🙂
Enrique Iglesias ft. Ludacris – Tonight (Dirty Version)
Wynter Gordon – Dirty Talk (Hagenaar & Albrecht Remix)
Deadmau5 – Sofi Needs a Ladder
Afrojack ft. Eva Simmons – Take Over Control (Ian Carey Remix)
Friday Night FUN: DJ D’Lish at Geisha House!
This weekend I DJ’d the Bosphorus Nights presents: MADE IN ISTANBUL party at Geisha House in Hollywood. What a success! I didn’t think we could top the last Bosphorus Nights party at Les Deux in June, but I have to say that this one was even better. More people, more new music, and lots of love! Most importantly, I wanted this night to reflect two of my favorite clubs in Istanbul, Turkey: Reina and Anjelique. Both clubs are unique in their own environments and music and Friday night I tried to create a fusion of these popular clubs by playing a variety of European House, Lounge, Turkish, and Latin House music.
DJ’ing in the Moon Room was definitely a treat, as guests were able to see the night sky from above and also had their own private bar. VIP tables circled the dancefloor and of course, I had my own stage with… wait for it…. my own lighting control (that came in handy towards the end of the night….mood lighting anyone?)
As guests arrived somewhat early, I began by playing my typical “cocktail hour” music…Bitter:Sweet, Gotan Project, Late Night Alumni, Kaskade and then began to pick up the pace a little bit with some Ben Watt, Max Zotti, & Jose Delgado (recent releases: see featured music below). For those familiar with Turkish music, I played some new Burcu Gunes, Tarkan, Demet Akalin, & Serdar Ortac. In my attempt to mix things up, I then switched gears and played my favorite Euro house songs: Yolanda Be Cool – We No Speak Americano, Edward Maya – Stereo Love, & of course Stromae – Alors On Danse (YouTube Video). These 3 gems definitely got the crowd dancing and singing along!
After another round of Turkish music, I thought it was time to roll out the Spanish house! I began this section with one of my newest favorites Carnaval Mundial (see featured music below) – a house cover of the famous Celia Cruz’s La Vida Es Un Carnaval. After, came the beloved Suavamente, and then a Gypsy Kings megamix! More turkish followed with Turkey’s most popular summer hits: Hande Yener – Bodrum, Serdar Ortac – Poset, Tarkan’s Sevdanin Son Vurusu, & Ozan Dogulu ft. Sila – Alain Delon. But I think the 2 biggest Turkish hits of the night were Ibrahim Tatlises’ Gulum Benim & Kenan Dogulu’s Elveda Meyhaneci. (When I say biggest hits – I mean the crowd sang the LOUDEST to these!)
Once again mixing it up for the non-turks, I played the new Tony Gomez song “Tell Me,” leading into the one and only Swedish House Mafia’s One (Your name) remix. This one, as always, brought the house down! (YouTube Clip) Others were Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime, David Guetta/Afrojack – Louder Than Words, & Afrojack – Take Over Control.
While I have to say I wish I had worn my “I DON’T TAKE REQUESTS” shirt, the abundant amount of individuals who approached me that night didn’t just ask for specific song, but also said thank you for playing their favorites. This job is only fulfilling to me when I can please the crowd and when I can go home at the end of the night knowing I made them happy. (Ok I also like that fact that I can play music that I love and dance while I’m djing) 🙂
Thank you to everyone who came to this event. Thank you to my closest friends and family for all your support! Thanks to Baris Avsar for organizing everything. Let’s get ready for yet another successful party!
All images from the party are HERE and are also located on ALATURKA Online
DJ D’Lish videos are located on my YOUTUBE channel
Featured Music from the party:
Max Zotti ft. OB – Kabiria
Jose Delgado, Robert Mendoza, Rebeca Dancen – Gypsonik
Crossfire ft. Haila – Carnaval Mundial
Mélomane Monday: Summer Sailing
As I prepare (mentally & musically) to leave for Istanbul, Turkey in about two weeks, I found it very appropriate to write a post with all types of house music…because basically that’s what I’ll be hearing when I travel overseas. I’m definitely looking forward to late nights at Reina and Anjelique overlooking the beautiful Bosphorus – and of course – all the new house music I will be hearing and bringing back with me! So whether you are stuck in the U.S. all summer or not, here’s a little Euro flavor to make you feel like you are on vacation!
European Summer Songs: (Basically, if you want to feel somewhere shall I say “exotic” – listen to and download these goodies)
Jay C feat Felix Baumgartner – Souk (Original Mix)
**Dr. Kucho, 2C Adonis Alvarez 2C Marta Bolanos – La Tarde Se Ha Puesto Triste (Original Mix)
Denis the Menace – Bamboleo (Original Mix)
Consoul Trainin & Pink Noisy Ft Anastasia Zannis – Tango to Evora
Gregor Salto’s EP – Horizonte featuring Andalias, Crepusculo, Horizonte (G’s Straight Mix), Okoto, Mundocaso (I recommend downloading the entire album)
Adam K ft. King Sunshine – My Love (EDX Remix)
Afrojack ft. Eva Simmons – Take Over Control
EDC 2010: A V.I.P. Review
I think there is one word to describe how I felt after EDC: Exhausted!…but what an experience 🙂 After a 40 minute walk from the parking lot to the Coliseum and about another 30 minutes to get through intense lines and crowds (luckily we got to hear Afrojack while in the security line)…my friends and I finally made it into the VIP area.
Even though the VIP area was not as close to the stage as I would have liked, it was well worth the more expensive ticket for the open bar, extra space to sit, the ability to walk down to the general admission area by the stage, and of course…nicer bathrooms. Sadly, we missed Chuckie’s full set, but were able to hear the last couple of songs in his set as we frantically ran into VIP before he finished. Next up was Dirty South who began the set with one of my ABSOLUTE favorites…John Dahlback – Pyramid. He also played a mashup of Body Language with De Bos – On the Run, I’m Sorry, Let it Go, and his remix of Temper Trap’s – Sweet Disposition.
Following Dirty South was one of my personally most anticipated performance of the night…. Swedish House Mafia. Some of my favorites that the trio played were: Sweet Dreams remix, the Steve Angello Be mashup with Benassi’s Satisfaction, Supermode’s Tell me Why mashup with Bittersweet Symphony, Leave the World Behind, and of course the famous ONE (including the remix).
After the insanity that was SHM, Kaskade took the stage around 11pm. With JUST as much excitement as SHM, the crowd was beyond ready to hear all Kaskade’s new hits from his album Dynasty….which of course was his opener of the evening. Besides playing a lot of songs off the new album and his older album Strobelite Seduction, Kaskade’s mashups (for me) were the best of the night: Kaskade/Afrojack/Digital Lab/Guetta – Louder than Empty Streets, Be Still Satisfaction, & Kaskade/Alex Gaudino – I’ll Never Dream I’m in Love. Last but not least was the one and only Deadmau5…I was definitely beyond exhausted by the time he came on, but it was great to listen to one of my absolute favorites – Ghosts N’ Stuff!
IF you happened to miss the Carnival and were not able to hear it on Satellite radio: live sets were posted HERE.
For more pictures from the event please visit my FACEBOOK FAN PAGE and look for the album Electric Daisy Carnival.
For videos from EDC please visit my YOUTUBE CHANNEL. Videos are in the Playlist EDC 2010.
The one and only…Electric Daisy Carnival 2010
For those house, progressive, electronic, and trance music lovers anxiously awaiting one of the biggest national music festivals, the week of the Electric Daisy Carnival is upon us! Friday June 25 and Saturday June 26 the Colliseum in downtown Los Angeles will be exploding with 5 stages, carnival rides, food, people dressed up in what I like to call “Halloween-like” costumes (yeah – you know why), and most importantly – some of the most prominent and talented DJs in the world. Last year’s EDC was definitely an experience to be had (I still can’t get over people’s outfits – or should I say costumes). Luckily for my group of friends, we had purchased VIP tickets and didn’t have to be crushed in a sea of crazies. I had such an amazing time last year and still have my souvenir “MUSIC IS MY DRUG” t-shirt! I can’t wait until Friday!
Some of the top headliners:
Deadmau5, Swedish House Mafia, Kaskade, Chuckie, Dirty South, Afrojack, DJ Sets: Moby, Basement Jaxx, BT (Live)
Armin Van Buuren, Above & Beyond, Benny Benassi, Will.I.Am, Laidback Luke, Afrojack, Bart B More, Dada Life, Sasha, Fedde Le Grand, Roger Sanchez, James Zabiela, Chuckie, Avicii, Boys Noize, DJ Set: Groove Armada
This year Insomniac Events created a special treat for it’s fans: Insomniac Events partnered with Ultra Records and created an “Electric Daisy Carnival CD Series.” The CD will be available for purchase at EDC and is also available online through ITUNES. Here’s the tracklisting:
1. Kaskade // Dynasty (Kaskade Arena Mix)
2. Armin van Buuren feat. Jacqueline Govaert // Never Say Never (Alex Gaudino Remix)
3. Roger Sanchez // 2Gether (Chris Moody Remix)
4. Kaskade // All You (Angger Dimas Mix)
5. Tiësto // Louder Than Boom (Bart B More Mix)
6. Benny Benassi feat. Kelis, apl.de.ap, and Jean-Baptiste // Spaceship (Fedde le Grand Remix)
7. Moby // Wait For Me (Laidback Luke Remix)
8. Tiësto feat. C.C. Sheffield // Escape Me (Avicii Mix)
9. Dirty South featuring Rudy // Phazing (Original Mix)
10. Wolfgang Gartner // Undertaker
11. deadmau5 // Some Chords
12. Axwell / Ingrosso / Angello / Laidback Luke feat Deborah Cox // Leave The World Behind
13. Kaskade // 4am (Adam K And Soha Mix)
For more information visit the main EDC WEBSITE and to purchase tickets click HERE. Set times have also been posted HERE. For those of you that cannot make it to EDC (or just prefer not to go) Sirius XM Satellite Radio will be streaming the festival live on Area from KineticFIELD, circuitGROUNDS, and cosmicMEADOW on both the 25th and 26th.
“The fun starts beneath the sun and see the stars when it’s done” -EDC
Mélomane Monday: Stereo.Love. ♥
Happy Memorial Day! As a lot of you know, I get my new music from a plethora of online sites (yes I’m a nerd & spend hours on end searching for the newest songs). The list for today features all new releases in the U.S. & also from Europe! (I wanted to mix it up a little bit). Today’s post doesn’t really have a theme – well except for the love of music, but I’m sure most of you are relaxing (cough..partying) on this day off from work & might be in need of some new tunes!
1. It’s back & better than ever… Reel to Real has a comeback with multiple remixes of the hit “I Like To Move It“… personally, my favorite is the one from the movie Madagascar! Remixes to check out: Bart B More remix & Harry Choo Choo Romero & Erick Morillo Main Mix.
2. Benny Benassi feat. Kelis – Spaceship (EDX Remix) if you want a smoother progressive version of the song; if not – try the Radio Mix
3. The immaculate SHM’s newest hit “One” is being remixed every which way, but so far this one is my favorite because it stays true to the original. It was definitely amazing watching these guys perform this single (before it came out) at Ultra Music Festival this year! Swedish House Mafia ft. Pharrell – One (Your Name)
4. With a hard-hitting electro beat & spanish vocals, this one will surely make you want to dance..& maybe even sing! Sandro Silva – Told Ya & Blaze (Apster Remix)
5. In line with a lot of recent releases featuring the “robotic/video game” feel, this one isn’t as hardcore or annoying as the others, thanks to a fabulous remix by Chocolate Puma! I think this will definitely be one of my favorite summer songs! Robert Owens – Deep Down (Chocolate Puma Main Mix)
6. Pink Noisy teamed up with Consoul Trainin’ for a progressive summer hit. It’s a song I would listen to while lounging by the pool or on the beach! Pink Noisy – Indigo (Consoul Trainin remix). If you like it & are feeling adventurous into the Mediterranean listen to Pink Noisy & Consoul Trainin – Tango to Evora Cover.
7. Ok so in Europe last year, Edward Maya’s Stereo Love dominated dance music charts…oh yeah & it is now just FINALLY getting popular in the US (Boring!) Already topping European charts is Stromae ‘s newest hit – Alorse On Danse. It has already been remixed to feature Mister Santos & 5 million DJs have tried taking a stab at bumping this moderately tempo’d goody up to club par; however, I will recommend the Oguz Deniz Remix & …get ready for it… the Alors on Stereo mashup (Edward Maya vs Stromae)!
8. Last but not least is the newest single from Afrojack & David Guetta – Louder Than Words. The song carries David Guetta’s & Afrojack’s signature styles. The vocals mimic a John Legend vibe to me a little bit, but are nonetheless great!
*As I briefly discussed in a previous post, the dance music genre is constantly evolving & people are definitely taking notice, especially in LA. Read this article below on the shifting nature of the genre & various music festivals in LA. (Oh yes, & buy your Electric Daisy Carnival tickets!)
LA Times article: Return of the rave: Why dance music is becoming inescapable right now
To the Beat, With Love…xoxo
After much anticipation, my newest mix is FINALLY here! 50 minutes full of club bangers from Laidback Luke, Afrojack, Bingo Players, ImanoS, Bob Sinclar, and Bodyrox… this mix has it all: House, Electronica, and Progressive-House. Here is the tracklisting for the mix in case you wanted to download individual songs:
Jewelz – Get Down
Wynter Gordon – Dirty Talk (Laidback Luke remix)
Christian Marchi – Got my Eyes on You
DJ PP – Miami Vice
Fred Lila & ImanoS – Be Loved
Jason Derulo – Whatcha Say (Bingo Players remix)
Laidback Luke – Till Tonight
Bodyrox – Shut Your Mouth
Dario Nunez – Love to Shega
Afrojack – Better Run
Yolanda Be Cool – We No Speak Americano
Afrojack & Gregor Salto – Ill Be There
Brooklyn Bounce, Alex M., Marc Van Damme – Crazy (Max K. Remix)
Bob Sinclar vs. Daddy S Groove – Kiss my Agony
Timo Garcia ft. Sam Obernik – Swing Thing (Fool for You) Anaolog People in A Digital World remix
Ane Brun – Headphone Silence (Henrik Schwarz Remix)