Benny Benassi ft. T-Pain – Electroman also recommend: John Dahlback Remix
Diddy Dirty Money ft. Skylar Grey – Coming Home (Dirty South Remix)
Clinton Sparks & Akon – Unless we F*ckin
Katy Perry – E.T. (Benny Benassi Remix)
Let’s take it down a notch…. new releases featuring amazing vocalist Skylar Grey…
Lupe Fiasco ft. Skylar Grey – Words I Never Said
New Mix: DJ D’Lish – Beat Boutique
For the longest time I’ve wanted to make a mix that includes limited mainstream music… well – the time has finally come. This mix contains some of my favorite genres of house music – what I like to call “house lite.” This lounge/house music still has hard hitting beats, but ones you will probably won’t hear too often at a club. As a music lover and DJ, I find it very important to discover new AND different music. Enjoy some of these hidden treasures in my new mix – Beat Boutique (part of an ongoing compilation).
Here it is: DJ D’Lish – Beat Boutique
1. Andrew Salsano & JF Sebastian ft. Jayn Hanna – Walking on Fire (Dr. Kucho! Remix)
2. MdCL ft. Sy Smith – Truth (Bertrand Dupart Remix)
3. Kemal & Justin Michael – Trouble (Benny Royal Underground Mix)
4. Gabriel, Polina – Perfect World (Lauer & Canard Remix)
5. Grant Nelson ft. Cathy Battistessa – Black Water (Vocal Mix)
6. Black Bird – Just Glow (Original Mix)
7. Mikael Weermets Ft.Christina Skaar – Love Is (French Government Remix)
8. K-Paul ft. Ciyu – Que Toi (Boiler Remix)
9. One Brother – Under The Water feat. Frankee (Rune RK Remix)
10. John Dahlback – Don’t Speak
To download the rest of my mixes, please click HERE
D.U.I. -> Dancing Under the Influence.
1. Thomas Gold vs. Matthias Menck- Sky (Nari & Milani Remix) All I have to say is that the first time this song was released, it was such a hit (especially in Europe). The newest remix is back and better than ever. Perfect Summer jam!
2. Yolanda Be Cool & DCup – We no Speak Americano (Chew Fu Rosetta Stone Fix Extended Mix) Featured on my mix “To the Beat, With love… ” We no Speak Americano is fun, quirky, playful and just something you always feel like dancing to. It is being remixed left and right, and so far – these two remixes seem to be something I would put in an upcoming mix..hint hint 🙂 3. Yolanda Be Cool + DCup – We No Speak Americano (Urchins Are Multi-Lingual Remix)
4. Blackfeel Wite – Amnesia (original mix) Featured on Matt Darey’s most recent podcast (110), this semi-dark electronic lounge track will take you on a journey of self-reflection and maybe even relaxation as you listen to the lyrics.
5. Oliver Twizt – You’re Not Alone (Bingo Players Remix) From the original Olive cover, Oliver Twizt (yeah he definitely put a twist on that one) released a bouncy Bingo Players Remix. As I prefer Olive’s soothing vocals over the ones featured on the newest version, this remix is a lot more uplifting than the original.
6. Milk & Sugar – Crazy (Global Mix) Ok I had to include one “crazy” house track in this post. With beats that build, piano, sexy vocals, and a constantly undulating bassline, you might just be tempted to do that [forbidden] fist pump or what I like to call the crazy hair wave. Whatever you do when you dance to house, I’m sure you’ll enjoy this one!
7. John Dahlback vs. Candi Staton – You Got the Valleybrook (Chris Lawyer Birthday Edit) I love John Dahlback and Chris Lawyer. This mashup is an electronic rollercoaster for your ears. It’s popping beats (characteristic of Mr. Dahlback) and Candi Staton’s vocals are a musical delight that trust me…will get stuck in your head.
Me, Myself & I
Ok – my female vocalists are BACK yet again (this was by accident)! Don’t ask me why, but the songs for today speak of well.. independence, empowerment, and most importantly – having fun. I’d like to call these tracks more of “feel good” songs that act as a kind of inspiration for your everyday life.
For those of you that know, I always love to DJ the other Static Revenger/Richard Vission song – I like that. Well here’s the newest one! Static Revenger feat. Luciana – Skin I’m In (Mind Electric Slammer Remix) This is who I am and all that I need.
With a little latin flair to it, this one is perfect for summer! Jason Rivas – To Start Again (Jason Rivas Back From Ibiza Vocal Mix) Bring it back and start again. Work it out that only love remains.
My affinity for John Dahlback is definitely clear in the abundant amount of songs I have of his. This remix is another one of his “masterpieces” shall I say. D-Malice ft. Rebecca Knight – Poison (John Dahlback Remix) Like poison you take hold of me…
I remember when this song first came out (it was right before I saw him live). It was a hit then and it’s still a hit. Each of these remixes is different, so listen to both! Tiesto ft. Tegan & Sara – Feel it In My Bones (Marcus Schossow Remix) OR (Paul Webster Remix) I feel you in my bones, you’re knocking at my window, you’re slowly letting me go, and i know this feeling oh so, I feel you in my bones.
This progressive track is very smooth all the way through & I definitely love the singer’s voice. Check out the Zoo Brazil and Paolo Mojo remixes also. Mason – You are Not Alone (Glenn Morrison Remix). I used to think that my life had to mean something but it turned out, I had to find out the hard way…create my own meaning.
Another remix off of Tiesto’s Kaleidoscope album. This one is a little more progressive. Tiesto ft. Nelly Furtado – Who Wants to Be Alone (Andy Duguid Remix) Don’t take me home till the sun comes up.
To be honest, I wasn’t loving this song very much when I first heard it. Over time, it definitely grew on me. Let it grow on you too! Kelly Rowland – Commander (Original) OR (David Guetta’s Fuck Me I’m Famous Remix) From here on out I’ll be your commander, No fear no doubt, I’ll provide the answer
An irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired
Roses are red, violets are blue, Dj D’lish has something for YOU! From the candy hearts, to the dancing teddy bears and bouquets of flowers, to the decadent chocolates and the revealing lingerie, Valentine’s Day means something different to everyone. If you’re single, you’re probably saying “Cupid is stupid” & complaining about how every day should be I love you day (which I kind of agree with). If you’re in a relationship, you’re most likely spending time with a loved one. Regardless of how you feel about Valentine’s day, it does get everyone thinking about romance and relationships. So whether you’re with your best friend, boyfriend, or girlfriend, share your love through the songs, because…Music is Love.
Special Valentine’s Day quotes:
“Love is a symbol of eternity. It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end.” Unknown
“In melody divine,
My heart it beats to rapturous love,
I long to call you mine.” Unknown
“If you have Love, you don’t need to have anything else, and if you don’t have it, it doesn’t matter much what else you have.” Sir James M. Barrieve
- Florence + The Machine – Addicted to Love “You can’t sleep, you can’t eat, theres no doubt, you’re in deep, you’re throat is tight, you cant breathe, another kiss is all you need…”
- Ingrid Michaelson – Can’t Help Falling in Love (Send this song in an e-card for V-day, click on the link!)
- The Kin – The One “This time you know for sure it’s for real, this time, Would you be the one to fight for love, cause the best you’ve had is yet to come”
- The Bird & The Bee – My Love “Hey boy wont you take me out tonight I’m not afraid of all the reasons why we shouldn?t try”
- Jason Mraz – Life is Wonderful
- Jack Johnson – Angel “I’ve got an angel, She doesn’t wear any wings, She wears a heart that can melt my own, She wears a smile that can make me wanna sing”
- Bob Marley & Lauryn Hill – Turn Your Lights Down Low “Love Ooh I love you, And I want you to know right now, That I, that I wanna give you some love”
Progressive House Songs:
- John Dahlback – Love Inside (Albin Meyers & Jonas Sellberg Remix)
- Ferry Corsten – Feel You “Reach my soul, I only want to feel you”
- George Acosta – Something About You (Wendel Kos First Sunlight Remix)
- Dim Chris – Love Can’t Get You Wrong (Afrojack Remix)
- My Digital Enemy & Carl Hanaghan – Falling For You (Vocal Mix)
- George Acosta – True Love “True love is what we make, When we’re together, We’re forever”
- Cheryl Cole ft. Will.I.Am – 3 Words (Steve Angello Extended mix)
In my spare time, I often like to write. This is a short poem I wrote last year and I wanted to share it with you for this special occassion!
My Valentine’s Day Poem: Together As One
Hold me close but let me breathe
Walk beside and not in front of me
Touch me softly, touch my soul
Reckless abandon without letting go
Feel my heartbeat race with time
Pumping love to you who’s mine
Talk of life and laughs of joy
Tickle me inside like a child’s toy
Stare with longing, I’ll gaze at you
Forever knowing, I want you
Kiss me with the power of sun
Embrace our life, together as one
FALL’ing into Autumn
I think it’s time that we have come to the sad realization that Summer is officially over. Luckily, those of us living in LA have been able to enjoy 80 degree weather for the past couple of weeks, but now – fall is in the air! As the weather cools and we pull out our sweaters & boots, drink our hot cocoa, and prepare for Halloween, I thought the song I chose for today was perfectly appropriate for this new fall mood.
John Dahlback released “Autumn” (Original Mix) John Dahlback Autumn on YouTube a little while back, but it is still one of my favorites. It’s one of those songs that can uplift you, even if the weather may bring you down. (I’m a little attached to summer). If you like what you hear, try John Dahlback – Scared of Autumn (Mebbo’s Mash), which is a bootleg version!
Being the California girl I am & thinking 60 degrees is chilly, I will end by saying – STAY WARM!