It’s spring break for some of us… and not for others (sadly I fall into this category)… but regardless, these tunes will put you in a dancing, partying mood that will get you ready for some fun this weekend!
Yolanda Be Cool – Foreign Affair (Sample Version)
Francesco Diaz, Daniel Ortega & Mike Moorish – Sway (Quien Sera) (Club Mix)
Lissat & Voltaxx feat. Lima – In Love (Club Mix)
Fred Lilla feat. Niamh – When You Feel (Original Mix)
Delicious – Bamboleo (Block & Crown Pacha Vocal Mix)
Hopefully you all have been following my Twitter… I’ve been posting the hottest parties, dj events, & schedules for WMC/UMF 2012. Stay tuned for more throughout the weekend!
Friday Night FUN: DJ D’Lish at Geisha House!
This weekend I DJ’d the Bosphorus Nights presents: MADE IN ISTANBUL party at Geisha House in Hollywood. What a success! I didn’t think we could top the last Bosphorus Nights party at Les Deux in June, but I have to say that this one was even better. More people, more new music, and lots of love! Most importantly, I wanted this night to reflect two of my favorite clubs in Istanbul, Turkey: Reina and Anjelique. Both clubs are unique in their own environments and music and Friday night I tried to create a fusion of these popular clubs by playing a variety of European House, Lounge, Turkish, and Latin House music.
DJ’ing in the Moon Room was definitely a treat, as guests were able to see the night sky from above and also had their own private bar. VIP tables circled the dancefloor and of course, I had my own stage with… wait for it…. my own lighting control (that came in handy towards the end of the night….mood lighting anyone?)
As guests arrived somewhat early, I began by playing my typical “cocktail hour” music…Bitter:Sweet, Gotan Project, Late Night Alumni, Kaskade and then began to pick up the pace a little bit with some Ben Watt, Max Zotti, & Jose Delgado (recent releases: see featured music below). For those familiar with Turkish music, I played some new Burcu Gunes, Tarkan, Demet Akalin, & Serdar Ortac. In my attempt to mix things up, I then switched gears and played my favorite Euro house songs: Yolanda Be Cool – We No Speak Americano, Edward Maya – Stereo Love, & of course Stromae – Alors On Danse (YouTube Video). These 3 gems definitely got the crowd dancing and singing along!
After another round of Turkish music, I thought it was time to roll out the Spanish house! I began this section with one of my newest favorites Carnaval Mundial (see featured music below) – a house cover of the famous Celia Cruz’s La Vida Es Un Carnaval. After, came the beloved Suavamente, and then a Gypsy Kings megamix! More turkish followed with Turkey’s most popular summer hits: Hande Yener – Bodrum, Serdar Ortac – Poset, Tarkan’s Sevdanin Son Vurusu, & Ozan Dogulu ft. Sila – Alain Delon. But I think the 2 biggest Turkish hits of the night were Ibrahim Tatlises’ Gulum Benim & Kenan Dogulu’s Elveda Meyhaneci. (When I say biggest hits – I mean the crowd sang the LOUDEST to these!)
Once again mixing it up for the non-turks, I played the new Tony Gomez song “Tell Me,” leading into the one and only Swedish House Mafia’s One (Your name) remix. This one, as always, brought the house down! (YouTube Clip) Others were Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime, David Guetta/Afrojack – Louder Than Words, & Afrojack – Take Over Control.
While I have to say I wish I had worn my “I DON’T TAKE REQUESTS” shirt, the abundant amount of individuals who approached me that night didn’t just ask for specific song, but also said thank you for playing their favorites. This job is only fulfilling to me when I can please the crowd and when I can go home at the end of the night knowing I made them happy. (Ok I also like that fact that I can play music that I love and dance while I’m djing) 🙂
Thank you to everyone who came to this event. Thank you to my closest friends and family for all your support! Thanks to Baris Avsar for organizing everything. Let’s get ready for yet another successful party!
All images from the party are HERE and are also located on ALATURKA Online
DJ D’Lish videos are located on my YOUTUBE channel
Featured Music from the party:
Max Zotti ft. OB – Kabiria
Jose Delgado, Robert Mendoza, Rebeca Dancen – Gypsonik
Crossfire ft. Haila – Carnaval Mundial
D.U.I. -> Dancing Under the Influence.
1. Thomas Gold vs. Matthias Menck- Sky (Nari & Milani Remix) All I have to say is that the first time this song was released, it was such a hit (especially in Europe). The newest remix is back and better than ever. Perfect Summer jam!
2. Yolanda Be Cool & DCup – We no Speak Americano (Chew Fu Rosetta Stone Fix Extended Mix) Featured on my mix “To the Beat, With love… ” We no Speak Americano is fun, quirky, playful and just something you always feel like dancing to. It is being remixed left and right, and so far – these two remixes seem to be something I would put in an upcoming mix..hint hint 🙂 3. Yolanda Be Cool + DCup – We No Speak Americano (Urchins Are Multi-Lingual Remix)
4. Blackfeel Wite – Amnesia (original mix) Featured on Matt Darey’s most recent podcast (110), this semi-dark electronic lounge track will take you on a journey of self-reflection and maybe even relaxation as you listen to the lyrics.
5. Oliver Twizt – You’re Not Alone (Bingo Players Remix) From the original Olive cover, Oliver Twizt (yeah he definitely put a twist on that one) released a bouncy Bingo Players Remix. As I prefer Olive’s soothing vocals over the ones featured on the newest version, this remix is a lot more uplifting than the original.
6. Milk & Sugar – Crazy (Global Mix) Ok I had to include one “crazy” house track in this post. With beats that build, piano, sexy vocals, and a constantly undulating bassline, you might just be tempted to do that [forbidden] fist pump or what I like to call the crazy hair wave. Whatever you do when you dance to house, I’m sure you’ll enjoy this one!
7. John Dahlback vs. Candi Staton – You Got the Valleybrook (Chris Lawyer Birthday Edit) I love John Dahlback and Chris Lawyer. This mashup is an electronic rollercoaster for your ears. It’s popping beats (characteristic of Mr. Dahlback) and Candi Staton’s vocals are a musical delight that trust me…will get stuck in your head.