As I prepare to DJ the opening of LA Blush Boutique‘s second location next week, I began thinking about how essential song selection is for different types of events. With a Blush’tini in hand and an appetite for the trendiest new & affordable clothes, customers definitely do not want to feel as though they are shopping in an ordinary store – especially at a store’s launch party. Here’s where I come in. First thing I consider when putting together my playlist is Who are these people? and How do I want to make them feel? Secondly, I do not want to force them out of the store with very loud hardcore electro beats, because honestly – this isn’t a club (even though MY ideal store would have house music playing 24/7).
With that said, I want to create a classy experience for these shoppers. One that will excite them, stimulate their senses, and maybe even put a little swing in their step (or maybe that will be from the Blush’tinis?). Today’s song selection will include some of the artists and my favorite songs I will be incorporating into my playlist at the November 18th Launch Party of Blush Boutique in Calabasas.
- Bitter:Sweet ~ Heaven (Buscemi’s Afroclub Remix) Listen on Last.FM, Dirty Laundry (Skeewiff Remix) Listen on Last.FM
- Nouvelle Vague ~ Ever Fallen in Love Listen on YouTube
- Thievery Corporation ~ Un Simple Histoire Listen on Last.FM
- Nina Simone ~ Feelin’ Good (Joe Claussell Remix) Listen on Last.FM
- Kaskade ~ I Remember Listen on Last.FM
- Lady Gaga ~ Fashion Listen on YouTube and Chillin feat. Wale Listen on YouTube
- Lykke Li ~ Little Bit (CSS Remix) Listen on YouTube
- Gotan Project ~ Diferente Listen on YouTube
For more information about Blush Boutique please visit: Blush Encino on Facebook and http://www.myblushboutique.blogspot.com/
Posted on November 11, 2009, in Music and tagged Bitter:Sweet, Blush Boutique, DJ D'Lish, Gotan Project, Kaskade, Lady Gaga, Lykke Li, Music, Nina Simone, Nouvelle Vague, Thievery Corporation. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
Leave a comment