Mélomane Monday: Let’s Play House
This week I was inspired by this quote: “When u are in touch with your authentic self, life flows easily, u meet challenges with courage & prosper in ways u never thought u could.” As my DJ career has grown immensely in the past 2 months, I’ve come to realize the importance of being genuine and staying true to who I am. As most of us know, life is an unexpected adventure every single day and in order to make sense of that journey and to grow, love, and be happy – you must let go and just be yourself. I wanted to say thank you again to my friends, family, and fans that have fully supported me and my DJ’ing by coming to all my events. I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.
Here we go! It was another insanely busy but EXTREMELY fun weekend for me! Here’s the recap…
Thursday night I DJ’d the Bosphorus Nights 1st Summer Black and White Party! I have to start out by saying this was probably the most professionally organized and executed event I have ever DJ’d for. The party was held at Les Deux nightclub in Hollywood, CA. I had the honor of being filmed and interviewed for Turkish tv (TRT) as well! I spoke about my DJ career, my preparation for parties, and what type of music I would be playing that night. I was also filmed DJ’ing throughout the night, which was a little intimidating at first, but turned out to be a lot of fun (especially as they filmed me dancing to one of my favorite songs)! I believe around 200 people attended the club Thursday night and let me tell you – these people knew how to party AND how to dance! As the crowd was very happy about the Lakers becoming National Champions, they were even happier when I played LMFAO’s Shots – the Laker version! I ended up turning off my music a little past 2am….hello exhaustion! … it was worth it though. Thank you to Baris Avsar for organizing an outstanding event that will hopefully continue in the very near future!
**For more photos from the event please visit my FAN PAGE and photos are entitled “BLACK AND WHITE PARTY.” For videos from the event, please visit my YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
Saturday I DJ’d my sister’s 23rd Birthday Pool Party at our home in Beverly Hills. SO.MUCH.FUN! Where do I begin… well after eating a delicious feast of Mexican food (tamales, tacos, & more) – the next stop was THE OPEN BAR. With an excessive abundance of all different types of alcohol (predominantly tequila), the bar was constantly packed with people ordering drinks and shots! (The drinks were also creatively named… for example – a margarita was called the NO WAY JOSE) Down by the pool were cocktail tables with beautiful centerpieces… and of course…. to the side of the pool was THE DJ BOOTH! Luckily because this party was my sister’s and we have just about the exact same taste in music, the playlist was NOT a problem and literally a dream come true (or should I say a house music dream?). Overall, minus being thrown into the pool a grand 3 times, I had a lot of fun with family and friends!
Songs for today:
Kelis – 4th of July (Calvin Harris Remix)
Olav Basoski & Redroche ft. Amanda Wilson – Not Over You (Andy Callister Mix)
Travie McCoy – Billionaire (Nappy Boy Remix) (Feat. T Pain & Gucci Mane)
3OH!3 feat. Ke$ha – My first Kiss (Chuckie Remix)
**Also stay tuned, this is the week of the Electric Daisy Carnival which I will be attending on Friday! There will be a pre-EDC post with all the featured artists at the festival and a post-EDC blog entry recapping my experience on Friday (you’re going to get photos AND live videos)!
Mélomane Monday: Stereo.Love. ♥
Happy Memorial Day! As a lot of you know, I get my new music from a plethora of online sites (yes I’m a nerd & spend hours on end searching for the newest songs). The list for today features all new releases in the U.S. & also from Europe! (I wanted to mix it up a little bit). Today’s post doesn’t really have a theme – well except for the love of music, but I’m sure most of you are relaxing (cough..partying) on this day off from work & might be in need of some new tunes!
1. It’s back & better than ever… Reel to Real has a comeback with multiple remixes of the hit “I Like To Move It“… personally, my favorite is the one from the movie Madagascar! Remixes to check out: Bart B More remix & Harry Choo Choo Romero & Erick Morillo Main Mix.
2. Benny Benassi feat. Kelis – Spaceship (EDX Remix) if you want a smoother progressive version of the song; if not – try the Radio Mix
3. The immaculate SHM’s newest hit “One” is being remixed every which way, but so far this one is my favorite because it stays true to the original. It was definitely amazing watching these guys perform this single (before it came out) at Ultra Music Festival this year! Swedish House Mafia ft. Pharrell – One (Your Name)
4. With a hard-hitting electro beat & spanish vocals, this one will surely make you want to dance..& maybe even sing! Sandro Silva – Told Ya & Blaze (Apster Remix)
5. In line with a lot of recent releases featuring the “robotic/video game” feel, this one isn’t as hardcore or annoying as the others, thanks to a fabulous remix by Chocolate Puma! I think this will definitely be one of my favorite summer songs! Robert Owens – Deep Down (Chocolate Puma Main Mix)
6. Pink Noisy teamed up with Consoul Trainin’ for a progressive summer hit. It’s a song I would listen to while lounging by the pool or on the beach! Pink Noisy – Indigo (Consoul Trainin remix). If you like it & are feeling adventurous into the Mediterranean listen to Pink Noisy & Consoul Trainin – Tango to Evora Cover.
7. Ok so in Europe last year, Edward Maya’s Stereo Love dominated dance music charts…oh yeah & it is now just FINALLY getting popular in the US (Boring!) Already topping European charts is Stromae ‘s newest hit – Alorse On Danse. It has already been remixed to feature Mister Santos & 5 million DJs have tried taking a stab at bumping this moderately tempo’d goody up to club par; however, I will recommend the Oguz Deniz Remix & …get ready for it… the Alors on Stereo mashup (Edward Maya vs Stromae)!
8. Last but not least is the newest single from Afrojack & David Guetta – Louder Than Words. The song carries David Guetta’s & Afrojack’s signature styles. The vocals mimic a John Legend vibe to me a little bit, but are nonetheless great!
*As I briefly discussed in a previous post, the dance music genre is constantly evolving & people are definitely taking notice, especially in LA. Read this article below on the shifting nature of the genre & various music festivals in LA. (Oh yes, & buy your Electric Daisy Carnival tickets!)
LA Times article: Return of the rave: Why dance music is becoming inescapable right now