I hope all of you had a relaxing and fun labor day! My weekend was full of friends, food, and music 🙂 Friday night I went to Playhouse in Hollywood to hear EDX spin at the annual Pre-Labor Day White Party. Saturday I had a bbq and pool party at my house, and then on Sunday – I went to XIV Restaurant to hear the EC Twins DJ! Overall, I am EXHAUSTED, but the weekend was well worth all of the craziness that ensued!
Let’s start with Playhouse and DJ EDX on Friday… the place was PACKED, but looked amazing with white decorations and balloons lining the entire club and the stage. EDX, also known as Maurizio Colella, came on around 12:15ish and blew the crowd away! My favorites that he played were: Kaskade, EDX ft. Haley – Don’t Stop Dancing and Dinka – Elements (EDX 5un5hine Remix), and Switchfoot – Always (Max Vangeli & AN21 Remix). Other songs that I enjoyed were Dennis Ferrer’s famous Hey Hey (Vandalism Remix) and Eric Morillo & Eddie Thoneick’s – Live Your Life! The crowd LOVED him!!
Sunday, SBE Entertainment threw a Neon Party at XIV Restaurant for Summer Sessions on the Terrace. I had a great time, but I will say that I really enjoyed it more last year when less people knew about the EC Twins and confessed their new “love” for house music. Nonethless, it was what I like to call a house-music circus on the terrace. A sea of neon lights and glow in the dark clothes filled the 100 degree terrace (hot is an understatement) as the shirtless EC Twins put on their very fascinating show for the drunken audience. Favorite songs they played: Tim Berg – Bromance (The Love You Seek and More) (Avicii’s Extended Vocal Mix), David Guetta & Afrojack – Louder Than Words & of course Yolanda Be Cool & DCup – We No Speak Americano!
Select videos from EDX Friday and XIV Summer Sessions Sunday will be posted on DJ D’Lish’s Youtube Channel
As I prepare (mentally & musically) to leave for Istanbul, Turkey in about two weeks, I found it very appropriate to write a post with all types of house music…because basically that’s what I’ll be hearing when I travel overseas. I’m definitely looking forward to late nights at Reina and Anjelique overlooking the beautiful Bosphorus – and of course – all the new house music I will be hearing and bringing back with me! So whether you are stuck in the U.S. all summer or not, here’s a little Euro flavor to make you feel like you are on vacation!
European Summer Songs: (Basically, if you want to feel somewhere shall I say “exotic” – listen to and download these goodies)
Gregor Salto’s EP – Horizonte featuring Andalias, Crepusculo, Horizonte (G’s Straight Mix), Okoto, Mundocaso (I recommend downloading the entire album)
Happy Memorial Day! As a lot of you know, I get my new music from a plethora of online sites (yes I’m a nerd & spend hours on end searching for the newest songs). The list for today features all new releases in the U.S. & also from Europe! (I wanted to mix it up a little bit). Today’s post doesn’t really have a theme – well except for the love of music, but I’m sure most of you are relaxing (cough..partying) on this day off from work & might be in need of some new tunes!
1. It’s back & better than ever… Reel to Real has a comeback with multiple remixes of the hit “I Like To Move It“… personally, my favorite is the one from the movie Madagascar! Remixes to check out: Bart B More remix & Harry Choo Choo Romero & Erick Morillo Main Mix.
2. Benny Benassi feat. Kelis – Spaceship (EDX Remix) if you want a smoother progressive version of the song; if not – try the Radio Mix
3. The immaculate SHM’s newest hit “One” is being remixed every which way, but so far this one is my favorite because it stays true to the original. It was definitely amazing watching these guys perform this single (before it came out) at Ultra Music Festival this year! Swedish House Mafia ft. Pharrell – One (Your Name)
4. With a hard-hitting electro beat & spanish vocals, this one will surely make you want to dance..& maybe even sing! Sandro Silva – Told Ya & Blaze (Apster Remix)
5. In line with a lot of recent releases featuring the “robotic/video game” feel, this one isn’t as hardcore or annoying as the others, thanks to a fabulous remix by Chocolate Puma! I think this will definitely be one of my favorite summer songs! Robert Owens – Deep Down (Chocolate Puma Main Mix)
6. Pink Noisy teamed up with Consoul Trainin’ for a progressive summer hit. It’s a song I would listen to while lounging by the pool or on the beach! Pink Noisy – Indigo (Consoul Trainin remix). If you like it & are feeling adventurous into the Mediterranean listen to Pink Noisy & Consoul Trainin – Tango to Evora Cover.
7. Ok so in Europe last year, Edward Maya’s Stereo Love dominated dance music charts…oh yeah & it is now just FINALLY getting popular in the US (Boring!) Already topping European charts is Stromae ‘s newest hit – Alorse On Danse. It has already been remixed to feature Mister Santos & 5 million DJs have tried taking a stab at bumping this moderately tempo’d goody up to club par; however, I will recommend the Oguz Deniz Remix & …get ready for it… the Alors on Stereo mashup (Edward Maya vs Stromae)!
8. Last but not least is the newest single from Afrojack & David Guetta – Louder Than Words. The song carries David Guetta’s & Afrojack’s signature styles. The vocals mimic a John Legend vibe to me a little bit, but are nonetheless great!
*As I briefly discussed in a previous post, the dance music genre is constantly evolving & people are definitely taking notice, especially in LA. Read this article below on the shifting nature of the genre & various music festivals in LA. (Oh yes, & buy your Electric Daisy Carnival tickets!)
LA Times article: Return of the rave: Why dance music is becoming inescapable right now